Thursday, December 17, 2015

Busted! and other Bass Clef games

The 5th graders just finished studying the bass clef notes. I posted last year about the centers that I use (Treble and Bass Clef Centers). I replaced the Swat the Staff game with a new game I found on Pinterest called Busted!. The kids really liked this game. Here are the directions:
I also created a memory game using some foam flowers I had left over from my spring program last year.

After we finished Bass clef, we reviewed all of the notes on the grand staff. I used the M&M Note Name Challenge from the Making Music Fun! website. Christmas colored M&Ms were on sale so I bought one bag for each class and it worked out perfectly. We found each of the notes in the treble and bass clef, and then I had them do some spelling words in either treble or bass clef. They were only allowed to eat their M&Ms if they could correctly spell "baggage" in both treble and bass clef. Talk about motivation!




No comments:

Post a Comment