Thursday, September 19, 2013

Down By the Bay!

The Kindergarteners are studying rhyming words in their classrooms, so I thought I would help them out by studying rhyming words in songs. We read the book "Down By the Bay" which is perfect for rhyming. After reading the book and doing some matching work on the Promethean board, I decided to tackle an art project. Now anyone who has Kindergarten knows that art projects can be a bit scary! Especially if you only have 30 minutes like I do! We used all 30 minutes (ok it was really 35, but the nice teachers let me keep them a bit longer!), but we finished! I think they turned out great! Here is what we made:


First we decorated and cut our watermelons. Then, each child was given an animal and had to find the picture that rhymed with it. They glued these on to the two pieces of their watermelons and I added in the starter phrases. How cute are these?!

Here is a copy of the pictures I created to put on the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment