Monday, March 17, 2014

Syncopation

The 5th graders are in the middle of a huge unit of syncopation. This is always a tricky concept to master, so we have been spending a lot of time on it this year. I put together a group of syncopation stations that seem to be working quite well. I got most of my ideas from a syncopation packet I downloaded on TeachersPayTeachers from Aileen Miracle. It's well worth the money! Rather than write out a description of each, I've posted the publisher file I made of each station's directions. Feel free to use them in your classrooms. They worked great!

Instrument Station

Foamie Station: I have plastic bags full of different foamie rhythms that I used at all grade levels.


Music Match Memory


Composer Station

 
Here is a great video I found on Pinterest. While watching the video, we tried to pick out all of the different ways the group used syncopation in their performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment