Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Classroom Tour

I know, I know. It's the middle of September and I'm just now getting my first post up for the year. Better late than never, right? Once again, I changed classrooms this year (that's 3 rooms in 4 years!). Call me crazy, but I kind of enjoy it. It keeps things fresh and keeps me from collecting too much "stuff". Here are some pictures of the new things I've added to my new room this year.

I'm using Freddie the Frog a lot this year with my K-2 students. He sits on top of my Promethean Board every day and watches over the kids to make sure they are listening. I often pull him down to involve him in a lesson if I need to get the kids back on track. They LOVE Freddie and often ask if they can give him hugs before they leave.


This is Humphrey. He's not new to my room, but I don't think I've ever posted about him before. Humphrey hangs over my instruments and watches to make sure nobody is playing them out of turn. He hangs by my window, so if there is a breeze, he rotates slightly, making it look like he's watching the room!

This is my main bulletin board for the fall. I love this quote by Henry Van Dyke. Next to the bulletin board, we created a poster of all of our talents. Every student in the school signed it and put something that they are good at.




 This is my reward board for this year. Students earn "beats" each day to move their clothespin down the keyboard. Once they reach the end, they get a class party. A whole note=4 beats, dotted half note=3 and so on. Each day they start at 3 and either move up or down depending on their behavior throughout class. They know that 4 is very special to earn because it means everybody in the class was doing a good job.
 These tempo posters have always been on my cupboards, but this year I added colored borders around them. It's amazing how many students noticed them for the first time! And I love my time for music clock. Whenever someone asks what time it is, that's what I respond!
 These are my classroom rules. DO your best, REspect others, and Have a MIghty fine attitude. Hanging next to it is my solfeg hand signs chart.
And next to my manipulative shelf and my book shelf I have "Pete the Cat". For those of you who haven't read his books yet, they are wonderful!

There you go! Hope everyone has a wonderful school year!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have your DO, RE, MI, rules on file or are they on TPT? I would love to use them in my classroom this year! I love your room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have my rules on file. I will post them to my blog so you can see them! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete