Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Kahoot!

I have recently been introduced to a great on-line game called Kahoot! (www.getkahoot.com). It is an interactive game that allows me to create quizzes using multiple choice questions. You can also create discussions or surveys, but I've never used those.
I start by creating a quiz. So far, I have made a dynamics quiz, a tempo quiz, and a music symbols quiz. You are allowed to insert images as well which makes it great for identifying symbols. The students each need their own computer or iPad to play the game and must have your code to enter. The question will be displayed on my Interactive Whiteboard (you could just use a projector) and the students click the correct answer on their devices. They are given points for answering correctly and quickly. The top 5 scorers are tracked after each question. It also tracks what answers were given so I can see if there is one question that all of the kids are struggling with. The students go nuts when they see we are playing this game. They absolutely love it! I know they use it in their regular classrooms as well.
Eagerly waiting for the next question!

If you look at the girl on the bottom left you can see what the student screen looks like. It just has the colors and shapes, no words.  

Here is what it looks like on my board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment