Friday, September 11, 2015

Write the Room

I discovered a new review activity this summer called "Write the Room". My 5th graders are studying music symbols and I thought this would be an easy way to review the first 8.  I created cards with music symbols on them and their name and definition. I posted these cards around the room. Then, each student gets a sheet to fill out. They walk around the room finding each symbol and fill out their sheets. It's a great way to get them up and moving, and having the symbols spaced out around my room kept the kids from getting too congested in one area. For the more advanced kids that already knew the symbols, I had them try to fill out their sheets without looking first, and then walk around to check their answers.

Here are the sheets I made. They can be edited to include any other symbols you would want to use. I've also seen this done with rhythms.








No comments:

Post a Comment