Thursday, October 9, 2014

Down By the Bay

Kindergarteners are practicing rhyming in their classrooms, so to reinforce that concept, we did a fun activity with the rhyming words in the book/song "Down By the Bay." After going through all of the rhyming animals and making up some of our own, we created watermelons out of paper plates and glued on a rhyming set to create a verse from the song. On the top of the plate I wrote, "Did you ever see a..." and they glued on their first picture. On the bottom of the plate I wrote, "Kissing a.." (or whatever the action was) and they glued on their bottom picture. The kids had a blast doing it, however, it was so busy during the cutting and gluing day that I didn't get any pictures of their finished plates. I posted a similar post last year, so you can look back and find the picture sheets that I use and examples of finished watermelons.
Coloring their watermelons

Don't forget the seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment