Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Symbol Stations

The 5th and 6th graders each just completed their unit on music symbols. I have a great rug that has 24 different music symbols on it, and I created 5 stations for the students to rotate through learning the names and definitions of each symbol. I added Symbol Stack Attack this year. Using those small Dixie cups you can buy at the grocery store, I put a symbol on the bottom of each cup. Students must correctly name the symbol before they can use it in their stack. I let them work together to create one giant tower, or individually to see who can make the biggest tower. Here are some pictures of the students working on their stations.
(I posted more details about the stations last year if you want to look back and find out more info.)

 

Music Symbol Bingo

Symbol Sorry

Cup Stack Attack

Bingo

Symbol Race

Swat the Symbol

No comments:

Post a Comment